Exit this site
Search this site
Super Hero Academy
Sexual Assault Response Team
Children's Advocacy Center
One in Five 5K 2019
One in Five 5K 2018
One in Five 5K 2017
Celebrity Dinner 2018
Celebrity Dinner 2017
About Sexual Assault
After the Assault
Was I Raped?
All About Me
Support a Friend
The Recovery Process
Share Your Story
Sexual Assault Advocate
Other ways to help
What is a CAC?
What to Expect
Role of a Sexual Assault Advocate
Sexual assault support centers receive calls from people with various needs, experiences, and concerns:
• Callers may be survivors of sexual assault, sexual harassment, child sexual abuse, and other types of sexual violence.
• People may call soon after the incident or years later.
• Some callers may have experienced sexual violence at several different points in their lives, or they may be experiencing it currently.
• Callers may be concerned others who are close to a survivor, such as family members, partners, or friends.
•They may be looking for information about sexual violence, for ways to support a survivor in their lives, or for emotional support for themselves.
•People may call wanting to know more about the warnings signs of child sexual abuse and how to protect a child in their life.
• Community members may call for information about sexual violence.
THE ROLE OF THE ADVOCATE
Be "On Call" for at least 3 shifts per month (there are 2 shifts per day 8am to 5pm or 5pm to 8am)
Return support line calls that come in during your shift
Accompany victims/survivors to the hospital for a forensic exam
Accompany victims/survivors to law enforcement interviews (when appropriate)
Report all contacts to Client Services Manager
Attend monthly supervision meetings
To Download our Advocate Volunteer Application: click here
Seek help through our confidential support services
Find out how YOU can make a difference in your community
Every dollar raised can help change someone's life
Our Civil Rights Policies in Accordance with the Maine Department of Public Safety
Kennebec & Somerset Counties in Maine
If you or someone you know has been affected by sexual abuse... there is someone who will listen.
Call the Maine Statewide Sexual Assault Crisis & Support Line
Partially funded by:
Click here for Information on safe Computer & Internet use